It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:46

All times are UTC

Post subject: Passing ships between vagr
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2008, 16:24 
Biting dog

I've seen many many post and strats on hig passing but not much on vag. Does the unlock concept follow suite with vag? If P1 (player 1) research vet and passes cc to P2 who doesn't even have a research mod can P2 now build a vet fac?

Is the same true for other researches? like if P1 has bombers researched and passes cc to P2 does it unlock the tech for him?

Post subject: Re: Passing ships between vagr
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2008, 20:44 
Biting dog

ratamaq wrote:
I've seen many many post and strats on hig passing but not much on vag. Does the unlock concept follow suite with vag? If P1 (player 1) research vet and passes cc to P2 who doesn't even have a research mod can P2 now build a vet fac?

Yes.

It's true for specific ship researches, but I believe those are tied to the production facility which builds them; so once it's destroyed you can't build those ships without researching them or rebuilding facility and passing it again.

There's a good reason why you don't see vaygr to vaygr transfers much. Having multiple vaygr players will put you in a disadvantage on capital and supercapital ships in mid-game. Most likely you'll see multi-vaygr teams on small maps, where superior early swarm can be a problem. But even there you don't really want to have both vaygr guys passing ships so that they do the same thing, it's a lot easier to counter.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2008, 02:53 
Demon

That and basically mod transfer happens to bypass res mod and adv res mod build time and cost, but for vaygr it's simply a small res mod which anyone can build quickly.

But you can give a vay cc with vette production capability to someone who doesn't and let him make them, but there isnt much need for that usually.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2008, 05:14 
Evil Soul

Me and tayos used to do this a lot on kharum's wreck, and it would save a ton of cash and allow us to progress to the nxt class faster. We'd both go vay, and send our cc's to the middle. We'd make 4x ac, with me on 12 colls and him on 12-14. Tayos would get emp and all the figher upgrades, and I'd pass him all my ac to upgrade them to lv2. Then i'd get corvs and do all the corv research, and he'd get frigs and do all the frig research. After i made enough corvs for both of us, I'd sell my corv mods and transfer my cc/flagship one at a time to tayos. He'd pass them back with the frig mod's unlocked so i could build frig mods. Then we'd 4x pump hmf - and i'd give my frigs to tayos for the hull upgrades.

We went undefeated for idk, maybe 10-20 games with this strat on kharum's wreck. Since vay upgrades are so expensive, this saved us a ton of money and allowed us to basically rape anyone who challenged us with typical vaygr emp swarm domanace, plus really fast corvs and hmf. That goes a long way considering karum is known as a hiig only map, as its usually played out as two 1v1 games, rather than a 2v2 (since vay isn't a good race for 1v1, due to expensive upgrades and in-efficent collectors).