It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:25

All times are UTC

Post subject: hidden facts...
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 09:33 
Demon

There are some facts that is not obvious and clear, but here are some that i know.

Cloak - Even if there's proxy around a cloaked ship, if you do uncloak and cloak again, ships will do lose target and the attacker has to retarget to start attacking on it again. It's quite useful on bombers on cap fac and if proxy is present, it can let bombers turn away somewhere (maybe cols) by doing this. but it doesn't always do it somehow.

FCT - I think there's quite less people who lab this much, but... putting fct will increase damage/accuracy by 15% but it does not affect the ship that has it on. which means, having a single bc with fct is kinda useless, but if all the bc around it has it, it will increase damage good, up to 30%. which also means, if 3 bc has 3 fct, it's gonna add a whole whopping 90% of a single bc's fire power in the mix... but i had some lab result making hmf to become stronger than 30% but wtf...

DFF - Defense field can work good if used properly but can be pwned fast, but, if this cloaks... it's kinda mighty... putting a cloaked cc close to it and all the other side's ion or dd go pfft... can kinda do similar for command vettes, but bc/cc can have fct anyway.

Vay upgrade for hig - Since vaygr upgrades are always universal, meaning 1 upgrade will upgrade the whole class. this also means, it upgrades the hig race as well... if vaygr has it owned. which means, the un-upgradable hig scout/marine/dff whatever can also be upgraded. but it's kinda tricky since, once you have it upgraded and gets a new ship from hig, it doesn't work anymore. but getting a scout to run at 720 speed is... kinda fun. This can also be used to upgrade hig bc by giving ru to vaygr and he does cap ship upgrade, upgrading both hig and vay bc at once, but only the first time when he upgrades.

Torp vs Ion - What are the difference... torps build slower, torps attack a bit weaker, torps hull is a bit weaker and torps move a bit faster, torps rotate a bit slower (but thats fine since torps can attack at all direction...), torp has a bit longer attack range. So, overall, it's natural to mass ions for better fire power, if not for lasers.

Post subject: Re: hidden facts...
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 14:07 
Little puppy

Something I learned from some silly nub ;) :

Imp. Torp Upgrade - This upgrades DD attack (since they fire torps), and not just torp frigs. (I guess it really is worth looking closely at those build menu tooltips ...)

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 14:49 
Demon

Yeah I heard about it but was kinda out of my memory.
I just wonder what it does. Does it just simply give more damage? Since DD missiles never split in the first place.

---

Cancel queue before transfer - When passing capital ships that are building something in the queue, do cancel it first. because the queue simply gets cancelled without any of ru tranferred to either players. so, just cancel before passing it or you'll just waste some ru.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 21:24 
Evil Soul

Put quite simply it does squat. Imptorps wont improve your dd's attack. What silly nub told you this finger? :P :lol:

The fact is if you 1v1 a hiig and a vaygr dd, they will both kill each other w/ their last missles/torps. (no upgrades) When i did my origional imptorp test like 5 months ago, I was under the common assumption that the vay dd has more attack power (which is indeed false). So when i tested imptorps w/ a hiig dd and found that it was = in battle to a vay dd, I just assumed that the imptorps had upgraded the attack power to that of a vay dd. So i made a false conclusion based on the fasle notion that the vay dd has more attack power, which even you had assumed finger. ;)

Don't mind me though, if you think imptorps will help you win a dd battle, then go ahead and research them! :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 04:54 
Demon

1v1 may be stalemate but in [equal] groups Vaygr DD's wins.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 09:12 
Little puppy

cloaked wrote:
When i did my origional imptorp test like 5 months ago, I was under the common assumption that the vay dd has more attack power (which is indeed false).

Isn't this the common assumption because the listed default attack strength is higher for vaygr dd? I don't have game installed right now, so I can't check. (According to MasterHid, hiig is 1034 and vaygr is 1100.) You monkeys should lab this and tell lazy ol' me the results.

cloaked wrote:
Don't mind me though, if you think imptorps will help you win a dd battle, then go ahead and research them! :lol:

Just to be safe, I do all available research in every game, so no worries.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 10:31 
Evil Soul

eh, 5% higher attack is rather useless when you upgrade the hiig dd hull for a fast 1k. Without upgrading - 5 vay vs 5 hiig dd => the vay may win w/ like 1 dd smoking - big whoop. Upgrade those hiig dd and the vay dd only looks cool when its got marines comin for it like hid was saying.

So when you gonna play a few games w/ me? Its been ages. ;)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 11:00 
Demon

everyone is wondering where lord of sy finger has been gone to... :|

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 11:31 
Little puppy

hehe... "SY-Lord" :D
Well Finga, hope to see ya soon. I slightly start to miss it, someone yellin out from Girly-Pos at me.. ^^

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 12:55 
Demon

yeah, hiding behind everyone's tough work but keep yelling this and that :lol: and look so bossy as his big bc is sent in :lol: