It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:25

All times are UTC

Post subject: 20 col arm rush
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 23:23 
Demon

The one I thought up which ended up not too bad...

There can be quite some variations to it, but the simplest would be including 2 players. It's probably best intended for crimson bond.

The starting position doesn't matter as not much cols are necessary. But let's say player A sits on pos 1 (front left) and player B sits on pos 2 (front right).

'A' would just rush for advanced res mod going at 12 cols and makes 2 mobs on own patches.

'B' will NOT move to second patch, but sits on a single patch with ms and cc there and makes a single col and goes for res mod and 2 frig mods and then a hyper mod on cc. At about when torps are at 80% done or so, start improved torp research. Once hyper mod is done, 'B' will sell res mod, so he will have enough ru to complete the improved torp res as well as send those 2 torps to the other end. If done properly, 'B' can send 2 torps at the fastest 4 minute landing.

Once the torps are sent, make some attack on cols with those, while other side goes grav and bombers but not cols/dd/bc which can be a problem for the attackers. 'B' will now make another col and a mob and waits for 'A' to finish advanced res mod and have it passed. Once advanced res mod is passed, simply pass it back and 'B' gains the ability to build all other advanced frigs without a res mod. 'A' will now move toward 'B's' cc for hyper cap. 'B' sits still till enough ru for hyper is acquired.

Then, all 4 ships jump to other side for quad advanced frig pump for some hyper cap. 'A' should build grav and cloak, since the base is quite empty. 'B' now just sells hyper mod and gets hyper sensor and advanced sensor.

This is the simplest way to do, but there are quite a few points to make it more effective.

associated article of the strat

[edit : fixed some stuff]

Last edited by Hideki on 18 Aug 2007, 12:38, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 20 col arm rush
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 23:43 
Demon

A few points to make it more effective are,

1) 'A' can actually make an extra col to give to 'B', so 'B' doesn't have to build his 8th col.

2) This tweaking is quite big, but let 'B' give out his initial 6 cols and 2 new cols to 'A' while passing all the ru after making the cols. So, 'A' ends up having max cols with quite some ru. 'A' now gives out the cc to 'B' and after then, 'B' gives out both the original ms and cc to 'A', so 'B' ends up having a cc and no col, no ru, no nothing...

But 'A' then has res mod started on own ms from start, then builds 2 frig mods on the ms/cc given from 'B' and a hyper mod on that cc. 'A' builds 2 torps on those ms/cc and when torps are nearly built, starts improved torp manufacture. Now 'A' obviously doesn't sell res mod but should have started making advanced res mod on own ms followed by a frig mod.

Now, send those 2 torps and after advanced res mod is done, pass those ms/cc back to 'B' along with 8 cols on that patch and recieve the original cc back from 'B', so 'A' can go make frig mod on that too. And if 'A' has enough ru, give some to 'B', so he can use that to hyper in. The 3 patches also need a mob each at some point and jump in using 'B's' cc hyper mod.

The better point in this is not wasting any ru, as the intial method includes selling the res mod which will only return 80% of the cost. And it also gives 'B's' ms/cc to be able to build grav/cloak, although 'B' should be quite tight about doing so.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 23:47 
Demon

I also heard that 'A' had enough time/ru to give extra 2 cols for 'B'.
That's probably the best version a 2v2 can pull out... When it comes to 3v3, there's some even more evil way of doing it... but I guess I'll separate the thread for that.

Any comments welcome.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 11:45 
Little puppy

Well.. sfu and myself used this strat several times... its nice one.
But big disadvantage is a) ur cols are very vulnerable to enemy, if u lose them ur as good as dead
b) BOMBERS!!! If u get stripped by enemy, (which happens very offten) u are kinda death too... ^^

Anyways, for killing some newer, less experienced guys, its a fast way for doing so.... :)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 14:24 
Demon

pfft, this is where flexibility comes into play... in any strat, doing a fixed move is obviously the fastest way to get pwned.

if they go pure bombers, the hyper torp guy will start going double fighters (obviously selling the frig mods) before you blindly jump into their bombers to get pwned and that's pretty much solved. As for getting the patch owned, you can leave some flaks behind before hypering if they have some bombers to spare, or if it looks too bad, start building some cols on their patches once you start getting them to run off. or do something that works...

I thought the game is about thinking beyond other side over and over than... lab a fixed move against them...
I obviously don't ditch the strat as a newb killing only move...

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 15:41 
Little puppy

haha... yea its all true u said.
I just wanted to point out weakness of this strat lol.
As i said, its a nice strat. But maybe its just AoD-Newbs, who arent able to
take most advantage of this strat... :D

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 15:46 
Demon

Yes, no strat can be perfect... (but thats why we play this game...) it is up to your skill to cover up the poor strats ass...