It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:02

All times are UTC

Post subject: sy spam
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 10:42 
Demon

This is somewhat very good of a strat... and is prone to be quite a danger if other side uses it and the team doesn't.

basically, it is very expensive to get a bc, but this will just lower the time and cost to build it by sharing the sy with the guy that does bc research with other guy who doesn't.

for the detail, go read the article associated with the strat but i guess this is not the best one as people keep claiming they can do better 8-) . i guess i haven't properly figured it out since i often do not become the sy builder but the reciever... maybe finger the sy master will fill me in on this...

anyway, the rough estimate of the cost to save is... when a single guy going bc, it costs
res mod, arm, hyper mod, cap fac, sy, bc research, improved sy manufacture to start building bc.
but when someone gives u a sy with bc build capability, this will be just reduced to...
res mod and arm... when you actually get one of those anyways.

which means, saving for hyper mod (1000), cap fac(1800, if u dont get one for other reason), bc res(1800), sy improved manufature(1000) which means 5600... and when u start passing bc for upgrades, that'll save a total of... bc hull 1(2000), bc speed 1 (1000), bc hull 2(3000), bc speed 2 (1500) which adds up to...7500, as a total, saving 13100 for your own damn self! and all that saving while pumping double bc.

if game goes on with only one side sy spamming, it's gonna be clear what is going to happen at pos 2 (or 6)... on fire... the only valid counter would be is to clone the move i think, attacking early enough to win before bc starts spamming is quite hard in a skilled game. and if u do fail to win before bc starts spamming, the chance of winning becomes... pretty low...

Post subject: Re: sy spam
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 08:43 
Evil Soul

So i've only got a couple of these specific build's w/ times so i figured i might as well post them. lol Suposably some aod guy can do this strat 5 seconds faster but sudenly it turned out 30 seconds slower in game. - pfff :P :)

[edit: took out exact times for building everthing because you shouldn't do paper pad strats. Just like comunism, they're just not the way to go it ya wana be good at this game.]
I only build 10 col's for my double sy spam but i'm sure you can come up w/ similar times using 12. The only tranfer i do is to pass my sy, and then have someone build a cap and then pass it back for the bc research. Here's some times to shoot for.
10:25
first bc out
11:35
2nd bc out
I have lv2 hull w/ lv1 speed at about this time too
14:00
3rd bc out

To get this spankin' fast bc spam i simply labed out how long i should wait to build everthing so that i don't say - build the cap fac 4 minutes before i need it - this ensures that i am spending ru where i need it for a streamlined build. Only took me 3 hours of labing to get these times. The trick is to get a cap fac on your ms to start the bc research early (duh) and to recycle your res mod after you get your adv mod done, and then recycle the cap fac on your mothership as soon as you start the bc research.

This is a very strict build but you still gotta make the time to scout every so often. If your team gets angle dd'ed or whatever, ya gotta just pause the bc stuff and help your team counter fast. As long as you don't get attacked before that first bc comes out, your team's got a great shot at winning w/ this strat. Also i'm not a fan of 'tripple sy spam', it just draws too much ru away from fighters/corvs which can lead to getting raped by bombers/lazers.

hehe, i actually like this strat so much that i rarely just do a single sy build anymore on cb. Infact the first bc in my sy spam is just as fast as my single sy build. :lol: (my single bc strat can be improved though if i ever feel like labing it.)

Last edited by cloaked on 19 Aug 2007, 03:01, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: sy spam
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 09:13 
Demon

nice nice :lol:
well well, once u know how they're quite less skilled around... u feel like self avoiding using too much advanced strats...-_-
anyway, fun to see how our sy master finger would respond...