It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:58

All times are UTC

Post subject: Comp stump
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 14:22 
Biting dog

What would be the best way to kill 5 allied expert cpu players on CB(3k start, pos and races as desired), and would be a good time frame to do it?

Post subject: Re: Comp stump
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 05:10 
Evil Soul

Ur one to ask. :P

But for all the cpu nubs out there:
I'd suggest starting out trying to beat 5 vaygr players. Its typically easier than trying to beat 5 hiig players. Also unless your a pro vaygr player, its easier to play as hiig. Mostly because I only know maybe a couple players that know how to get a fast vaygr bc (sub 10mins) with fighters. As far as i know i'm the only player to beat 5 expert cpu w/ vaygr, but i know around ten player's who've beat 5 expert cpu w/ hiig. So the easiest way to set up your game is like this:
Set-up

There's lots of ways to beat 5cpu, but the basic goal is get a fast bc w/ fighters. On CB you want to go for bc first geting fighters as almost an after thought. I dont start building int till my bc starts. Prior to 8mins, your ms/cc guns can pretty much kill the small attacks the cpu gives you. Once your bc is out, jump it around the map and kill one cpu at a time. Once you kill a cpu's ms/cc/sy he's dead - including all his swarm that was buzzing around. Its important to probe the map before attacking. You want to wait till a cpu has moved his fleet to the middle of the map before jumping your bc into his base. This way he'll have to retreat all the way back home, and by then you'll have killed his cc/ms/sy and he'll be dead. After you get bc + full int, you can get ions, or pulsars, or watever you want.

A good time for anybody is under an hour. The faster you beat the cpus, the easier it is. The longer you take, the more ships your gonna half to kill. I think the first time i beat 5cpu it took like 1hour 20mins, and i had nearly 500 kills. Was doing a wacky build to capture the pos1 cpu, then go double dd, and then get a slow bc - lets say this just wasn't the best way of doing things. Now my times a bit better - over an hour better infact. If you wana get the record your gonna have to beat a fast-as-fuck 17:53. :lol: :)

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2008, 08:44 
Little puppy

5 expert CPU eh? Nice... but you know i'm still better than you cuz i have anti cloaking sensors. 8-)

Cloaked = :cry:

hehe

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2008, 00:42 
Demon

we beat cloaked too much, that's why he's boasting his offline achievement, but I thought that's something we shouldn't have pointed out... 8-)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2008, 21:07 
Evil Soul

Elf wrote:
5 expert CPU eh? Nice... but you know i'm still better than you cuz i have anti cloaking sensors. 8-)

Cloaked = :cry:

hehe

lol, i remember starting off playing hw2 and someone asked me 'do u cloak a lot?' (as a nub test, like asking what gw stands for) - and i go 'no, lol its just da name'. :)

-as for u hid, my laptop's gamelogs tell me i've won 2/3rds of the games we've faced off in. :twisted: :P

Last edited by cloaked on 15 Jun 2008, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 06:41 
Little puppy

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2008, 02:14 
Evil Soul

:lol: if ur eye's aren't rolling 360's let me know and i can help yea out. 8-)