It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:28

All times are UTC

Post subject: The obvious ones...
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 15:41 
Demon

But I'd say 90% people just can't follow...

1) Scout/probe. Cant' emphasize more... Since the game has no one solid strat that owns all, every move has strength and weakness. So, how do you always win? You do not choose a strat... but pick a strat to counter other side... how do you do that? scout...probe... watch... pick your move... The most effective strat, simple rule, yet it seems the hardest for many players to do this. All you have to know is how to counter every strat.

2) Move at once. This is such a simple rule, yet once again, no one follows it... (except a few...) Even if you have 30 fighters, if they engage 10 by 10, while other side having 20, you will lose. So simple. Just watch what your team is doing... Communication is such an important action. Without knowing what the team is up to, people all do sudden moves, which ends up as uncoordinated attacks, leading into simple loss. This is what I see most that average players lose from even their builds are decent. This becomes especially visible on BC managements. One guy moves in his bc, while other 3 bc move slowly, first bc gets fried so fast, that it won't even damage half of other side's bc, leading to fast 'gg'.

3) Stop wasting ru... Yet again, the obvious one... This includes many topics, but for one, start docking your damaged ships... saving 1 ship usually saves more than 500 ru, saving 2, saves more than 1000, now that is getting big as you keep saving ships... Then, start selling unnecessary mods... I always see people with bunch of mods (fighter/frig/cap mod on ms etc), but do you really need them? no... just sell them all and keep the one that is necessary, this includes selling advanced res mod when you have queued enough researches. Also, start putting more cols when you have chance. For Vaygr, having 12 cols, only gets you to pump from 2 ships, but by just adding 4 more cols and reaching 16, it can go triple pump. (Again, sell cap fac, when new cc is out) Which is 1.5 times more build you're doing, which is a huge difference. And another part of it is, say, if you're preparing for hyper torp and other side simply looks ready with gravs and bombers... don't be stubborn and send it and waste 1200 (even more if you do improved torp research) for nothing. Screw your stubborn mind and sell the torp, you save over 2000 ru for just stopping your useless torp from going suicide mission.

4) Stop stocking ru. I sometimes recieve ru from a team mate and say 'no i dont need it, use for your own' and i get replied as 'no i have lot of ru', then why don't you build a few more cols and start building a bc... some people feel skilled for just having much ru, but in fact, keeping ru means, you aren't building enough, which meeans... less skilled...

5) Stop being a chicken and keep worrying for every possibility... You have limited amount of attack force and ru. By spreading ru and attack force for every possible scenario, you will never win. As, if other side concentrates all of the force at one location, you won't have enough to stand it. Once again, scout and probing becomes important to crop out any unneeded scenarios... If you're worried about angle dd or hyper dd on far patches, just ready 3 or so marines with 2 bombers and be done with it. So many people just go blind fast grav even if other side only makes fighters and a shipyard... This leads to make other side feel safe, as going grav early for no reason will not lead into any fast attack strat. I usually feel easy when other side go early grav for no reason, because it means other side isn't really watching this side.

6) Stop being cocky and think you're skilled. lol. until you have no one to beat you always...

7) Please start to learn how to stop hyper torps... Because so many people play the game as 'ok, my role is this, I'm gonna do this, so cover my ass up' but in reality, it's saying 'Ok, I'm doing this strat but nothing else, so feel free to pwn me with the exact counter to it, coz I'm not changing my mind ever until I satisfy with my build'.

With all these added, no wonder I yawn killing players :lol:
All the top players know these by heart...

Post subject: Re: The obvious ones...
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 23:26 
Little puppy

:o wow all tat is so simple but it's true ppl do tat alot even me sometimes :roll: