It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:56

All times are UTC

Post subject: igbo wonder
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 02:57 
Demon

@ cb, me (pos 1 vay) + igbo (pos 3 hig) + wuschel (pos 2 hig, decent player imo) vs tayos (pos 2 hig) + azrael (pos 3 hig) + epi_gonoi (pos 1 hig, some semi good guy who blew ms up)

i start out as just going fighters since igbo goes 'im gonna torp, back me up' and me and wuschel royally follows his plan by going early fighters. now i told igbo 'k, but plz also get bc fast too, im sure they gonna sy spam, so give your sy to wuschel and make your own too'. now i was 350% too optimistic to ask igbo about it...

now i see a mob on igbo's cc patch, so, i gave up seeing 4 min torp obviously...
and we have some fighters ready staying at mid of map waiting for his 'torp'... now its over 5 min, still nothing, and i look at igbo's patch, and i find his cc is gone... and i ask 'wtf are u doing? wheres ur torp?' and he goes 'attacking from back' and i found his cc at right far side but closer to them at somewhat high position, where no one would ever hyper a thing there. and since they have right side grav, his 6 minute torp somehow hits grav at weird position and had him move torp to some patch nearby...

at this moment, it was so dumb to wait for his torp, so we actually started hitting tayos' pos 6, and our early fighter + emp had them in quite bad shape with their swarm while igbo keeps doing his funny move on and on and claiming 'im gonna cap a bc' every 5 minutes.

now az goes sy and i ask igbo 'plz go get bc fast too' and he wont really listen but goes 'im gonna go double role and do fighters too' and i go 'plz just get bc...' but since he doesnt listen a single line of my message, he maxes his fighters sitting in back and switching to pulsors while somehow getting sy at 14 minutes or something... while his backyard cc is randomly attacking their backside with small amount of frigs... (i dunno why that cc never got blown up)

other side goes double sy and im mol upset... and even igbo's sy has a cap fac, it doesnt produce a single damn for well over 5 minutes and over 20 minutes from start of game, theres still no bc... while wuschel was cool enough to keep pumping ions at level 2 and pass them over to me, while i keep maxing vettes with full lasers, since at least igbo had pulsors...

now tayos sent in 2 bc on me cloaked, and i found them out approaching to me with proxy and i run and i go 'see... wheres our bc now, who's going to stop them...' and he goes 'im gonna go cap those bc' :o omfg igbo!

and i at least said 'plz dont waste ru to cap it, just get bc'. we took the plan to kill those 2 bc by taking the engine down with fighters and attack them with 20 lasers, since our swarm was doing good... and since those bc were level 0, we took them down with lasers + some ions help...

now since it looked too gay on our side with the bc guy going nuts with 1 bc at 22 min, i went to build bc myself, having me maxed on vette and fighter giving me good ru flow, and even went level 2 bc by the time it popped. now they have 2 bc and some frigs... while igbo has 2 bc sitting at his sy.

and i ask, 'igbo, plz jump those bc here asap' and he doesnt say anything but a minute later i realize those 2 bc kept walking through the map, when the fight was about to happen at beyond the center of the map. and since my bc popped out, i ask wuschel, 'forget igbo, lets take those 2 bc down with my bc and ions'. and luckily enough, we took it down good, seeing they had to take time to reproduce on swarm but make less bc for reinforcement.

at that point, i still had my first bc healthy to start moving in to screw tayos at pos 6. and our master igbo's bc stopped moving at my cc/fs/sy location that is far from their base... and i ask 'wtf are u doing? move them and hyper them to their base' and i get 'no, they are not needed, they're on defense'..... :shock:

well... we did won the game but... this man... needs to play like a team, not like a guy enjoying single player in the funniest way possible...

i didnt realize their 3rd guy blew up ms for 'ru boost' though :lol:

Post subject: Re: igbo wonder
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2007, 01:34 
Demon

Hideki wrote:
i didnt realize their 3rd guy blew up ms for 'ru boost' though :lol:

AFAIC it's pretty valid tactic if u want to have bc FAST in game? You suck at everything else, but you do deliver heavy punch, and you do have shipyard fast enough to compensate for ms loss.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2007, 04:37 
Evil Soul

Funny thing is skuttling ms actually equals a slower bc, since u can't get a cap fac on your mothership to start bc research before getting a sy. Best bet is ru donations from teamates, or vaygr res mod transfer.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 11:10 
Demon

To have research started, all you need is one of mates transfering you ms or cs with capital module for one second :) No isk loss for team mates this way basically - because they can sell module just after it was used to start research.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 01:14 
Evil Soul

Ya that could work if u borrowed a fast adv from one of ur m8's aswell. But I'm still gonna laught at u if i see it happen though. lol

'isk', u still playing eve in the demon corp? ya know Hideki just started playing eve a couple months ago.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007, 01:19 
Demon

isk loss :lol:
oh well, same shit, more or less...

i just started playing it a month ago flying some stuff with sky. could see you around one time there.