It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:13

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pilot Run of Hideki's 20 col arm rush
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 03:48 
Evil Soul

hehe, I pulled a heavily modified version of your 20 col arm rush on sfu-AoD and zippo|gen today.

The reason i say 'heavily modified' is because I pulled this strat all by myself. Lucky me happens to have 2pc's and 2 hw2 cd's so i fired up the second pc this 'morning for a bit of fun. First things first, managing two pc's at once is quite the challenge, so I opted to drop the hypertorp all together. I figured this might help me out anyways since once you HyerTorp they build bombers and bombers aren't too fun to deal when your nxt move is to HyperCap them. Second major change, managing 2pc's is still too hard (lol), so after about 2:30 I tranfer all the ships from computer #2 to computer #1. The major downside to this is your taking a 50% cut in unit caps. But since this strategy only utilizes 20 colls, and it's just for fun - i figured i could deal w/ it. And after one quick test against the cpu before taking it on gamespy, i found an added bonus to having one computer drop out. That pc can still spectate, so you don't have to scout! :D

So I hop into gamespy as SOBForce-nUmbEr1 and SOBForce-NuwBer2 and throw up a game. Now i was really hopeing to find the XENO's, but apparently Sad was 'DRunKSad' and happy was off likely having the same sort of fun. lol Since there weren't any skilled in the lobby I just launched w/ zip and some average guy. Well about 3 mins into the game after i had tranfered all my ships from #2 to #1, zip realized number2 was gone and he skutted, proclaiming 'lobby'. LOL - Crap no everybodies gonna think i'm syncing when i try this strat! lol

Back to lobby i host a password game on CB, sfu-aod gets in and grabs zippo for his teamate, both go hiig. At the 2:30 mark i tranfer #2's ships to #1 and announce 'Play on' and 'no, this is part of the strat'. Now, I being smart and all don't let my cc and ms sit there to announce 'HYPER CAP', but i move both cc's to the back patch while adjusting both motherships around their respective patches. My frig mods don't get built but one minute before i jump, and my hyp mod doesn't get built but like right before i jump. I didn't start moving my ships together for the jump until after all my frig mods finished.

Here's my heavily modified 20 col SOB rush build. (hehe)
_SOB Hyper Cap_
Computer #1
-res on ms
-3 colls on each ship

Computer #2
-build 1 scout for probe/scout defense
-build 1 coll on each ship
-pass all ru
-pass all ships
-continue to spectate the enemy (hehe)

-adv on ms
-gw on other ms

(when adv is half done)
-build 3 mobs
-build frig mods on everything (will be qued on adv mothership)
-que hyperspace mod on a ship

-scout him
-look for probes

-kill probes
-que 3 ions(do 3 marines instead if enemy is doing dd)
-que 4 flak

-Jump around 5:30ish
-que 10 ions on each ship while jumping

Now while i was doing this i spilled water on my desk and had to clean it up so i started my adv almost a minute late. lol So when i finally jumped a minute late at 6:30, I was amazed that zippo, still didn't have a gw! haha building those frig mods and hyper mod late paid off. =D Now as my ships came out of hyperspace i was shoked to find that i had accedently left one of my motherships at my base. LOL! and it happened to be the ms w/ the gw so i quickly rebuilt a gw up front and started a hyp mod for my mothership back at base. Lucky me this 'accident' paid off! they decided to send bombers to my collectors (on of the counters you mentioned to your 20coll arms race) so I just kept my ms back there pumping 3 or 4 flaks to fight off the bombers, i only lost 2 colls and a mob, so i simply rebuilt them upfront like hidiki suggested and jumped that mothership to the front lines.

By now my HyperCap had took out zippos ms and cc and a handfull of collectors, I believe sfu tranfered him a cc to keep him alive. So I started moving towards sfu. Now the idea was too switch to double dd and double pulsar w/ bombers since you max out on adv frigs very quickly w/ 4 production ships. But around this time a girl showed up at my door to estemate the cost of installing some new kichen cabnets in my house! (since old ones are deteriorating) So I had to deal w/ her for a few minutes. lol

By now its like 12 minutes into the game and when i should be getting ready to see the glourous 'Victorous' message for my fun 1v2, I'm instead sitting down just as my front most mothership goes 'KaBOOM' to sfu's bc and ions. I quickly dispact 2 bombers to take out his top ion turret and follow in w/ ions to pWn his bc. Now since the mothership w/ the gw on it got blow to tiny bits, sfu was able to hyp his stuff out just before i built another gw. lol From there i had to spend the nxt 15 minutes chasing zip and sfu around the map until the final cc blew.

All in all this made for one heck of a fun game. Could this strat hold up to the likes of XeNo's, Hidiki and Cern newbs =P? Eh, maybe, since after all, watever you guys try to counter w/, i can instantly quad pump the counter to that. So if my opponents spammed bombers w/ a pre-established interceptor force then i'd have to switch to 4 int pumps w/ flaks coming out as my fighter mods build to ensure that i don't lose many mods.

All in all i like this strat, RU wasn't an issue, as 20 colls was enough to genoursly support my 4 production ships and my single researching duties :) - Plus i don't have to worry about having a newb teamate. lol Hideki's version probably works better though, since you get to keep the unit caps of two players while still only having the overhead of one guy doing the research, only down side is that communication btw teamates and tranfering ships can slow you down.

GG sfu and zip 8-)

Last edited by cloaked on 18 Aug 2007, 04:05, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Pilot Run of Hideki's 20 col arm rush
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 04:01 
Demon

lol, well, nicely pulled out with single man... but the downside of necessity of communication is rather better than downside of having to handle 2 comps at once...

couldnt follow ur build too closely, but torping is quite the point to let them go grav/bombers, which are the very thing that's needed if you want to hyper cap them. unless they make 2 dozen bombers, just about 4 or so bombers are gonna be a good prey for flaks and having them go fighter mod and grav and bomber without too many cols will slow them down good for them not to go early dd/bc which can be a good problem for hyper cap.

you can actually do let 1 guy go out of game, but for one, it looks odd...(and makes that guy kinda boring... and is useless unless you have ts with him) and if some trouble happens, you can't even make one more col... so, new cc or bc is out of question, but typically u have to finish them off as u hyper in anyway.

also, this should be properly handled if other side masses lasers, or else, it's gonna be a sorry strat.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 04:13 
Evil Soul

Ya if i had been facing a skilled vaygr player, I defanately would have been pumping pulsar w/ torp as needed to put the lazers down (along w/ cloaks on cc's to ensure i don't lose my cc's). I can defanately see now why you would you'd want to hypertorp too. If the enemy has to build some bombers and gw's then that just gives you even more time to mass adv frigs. TY, for explaining the advantages besides 'less colls'. I think if i wouldn't had spilled that water (lol) then i probably would have had enough time to build a frig mod early on both cc's w/ a hyp mod for a quick 4 min double hypertorp.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 08:10 
Little puppy

pffft... 2 comps... strange idea...

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 12:26 
Little puppy

You can call me Noob for 2 days, now is Day 2 :D
more i dont say, if you not have gravwell at min 6.40, and dont wanna hear, you have to loose.
If you do not the right counter on double hc, you loose. Me and Thomas won many 2v3 with double hc.
btw, great idea Cloaked, but not new. When i remember right Cernunnos did the same one year ago. Against 2 skilleds you loose.
GG Cloaked ;)