It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:56

All times are UTC

Post subject: Al-ka-pwn + iconah vs xeno brothers on cb
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2007, 19:12 
Little puppy

Sad throws hissy fit because I call him and his brother gay, and refuses to play me. Then he changes his mind, and allows me to join their game. Upon joining I scan the lobby for a suitable teammate, and it just so happens my shield arch nemesis iconah sits perched on his high powered Japanese PC with a samurai sword posed and prepared to do what is required for a swift and fierce victory. I politely ask him if he's interested in owning happy and sad with me, he replies "ok". As the game starts iconah probes out, I see that they are planing a quick fighter attack, sad is hig, and happy is vaygr. I explain to iconah that they're a pretty good team and play together all the time. He blows this off, with the comment "only good xeno are tomcat and maverick", and "they gon lose bad" and within seconds the attack on iconahs front cc begins with a large number of fighters, with scouts equiped with emp. Iconah currently only has 1 or two fighters out, I sent all I have to help. They overwhelm us quickly with fighters. We pull back, Iconah launches more fighters, and we quickly reclaim the airspace around our motherships and resource ops. Sad hyperjumps to middle and moves in closely with MS and cc pumping flaks and ions desperately attempting to reclaim airpower with no good outcome. Sad is quickly over-runed by our ions and loses his CC and MS quickly, leaving happy in the backfield to see the tsunami sized fleet of ions and ints coming towards his base. The End (happy or sad, that's the way it goes)

Post subject: Re: Al-ka-pwn + iconah vs xeno brothers on cb
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 00:54 
Demon

haha, too bad iconah had a wrong speculation about that... dunno why brz never had 2v2 with those so called 'gay' bros...-_-

and again, dunno why but iconah does his 10 col rush in shield in almost every game, yet he had less fighters at that time?

> I politely ask him

let me guess... 'hey, sitting still like a crying girl doesnt get u a day? how about pwning xenos to make u stand up and walk like a man?' glad at least he joined the game...

and wow, nice u beat them after getting rushed.
and since when did iconah have a high end japanese pc? :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 15:50 
Demon

lol nice work. You guys got lucky you didn't lose that match, since Iconah underestimated them. Defeating them is no small feat however. Good job.

Blessed are the dead
And now you are among them
Delivered form this mortal coil"

-Azrael, Angel of Death

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 19:15 
Little puppy

I think they underestimated me and iconah. Even though we had never teamed before until that game, and the language barrier. We used our knowledge of 1v1 skills and tactics, to form a team that can hang with the best of them. My theory since I started HW2. If you start with a good base in 1v1, then 2v2 comes easy. And I know I'll catch alot of slack, just like in the lobby, from a bunch of suckers that cant 1v1 and think that they're 2v2 gods. Chances are, you depend on your teammate, you get carried, and you suck. Rant Over. ByeBye.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 01:37 
Demon

1v1 tells u alot, since u gotta always win without a support, which means its a pure fight against how well u can build and move without anyone telling anything, not how well a good team mate u have.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 05:12 
Demon

sounded like a gg

I mostly thought iconah did 1v1's though :S

But, he is quite skilled in general. Gj on beating happ and sad

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2007, 04:11 
Biting dog

Hideki wrote:
1v1 tells u alot, since u gotta always win without a support, which means its a pure fight against how well u can build and move without anyone telling anything, not how well a good team mate u have.

There are very few things you can take from shield to CB.
I've seen alot of very good 1v1 players playing together getting pwned on CB(and especially bigger maps) to players who don't play 1v1 much.

But on small maps 1v1 definetely helps, even though teamwork is still way more important.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2007, 12:54 
Demon

Reverse holds true as well, alot of CB players fall apart on smaller maps even 3v3.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2007, 13:11 
Demon

very often :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 03:00 
Biting dog

Mass plats.