It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:57

All times are UTC

Post subject: a game involving no skill (as they call it...)
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 03:35 
Demon

me + aohnh + prosecutor(some ok guy) vs devildog, evil-something, another sf

we just do a typical hypercap by aohnh with some figher support from me(vay), but since pos 2 doesnt get a grav, aohnh lands at their place, screws him up, i screw their fighter, they're pretty dead, dog goes double sy, but since he doesnt have a cloak, my winning fighters just screwed one of the cap fac, dog hypers sy out, but i keep finding it with hyper sensor, dog hypers again again and again and he hypered sy 5 times till his ru just depleted... prosecutor brings in bc, they have nothing to stop gg.

now in lobby sf claims 'hypercap involves no skill, its 1 dimensional' and all the crap... im sorry they couldnt stop but i wonder if it involves no skill... i guess they mean any newb can pull off hypercap just fine...

next game with 3 sf(dog, dod and volans i think), since i told other team how they should scout and probe and figure out how to stop hypercap by going early ions double dd or early bc, i thought about going 20col arm with aohnh, so, i was hoping they'd stop it this time... and having prosecutor sit in back and have him go early bc again.

i go double torp at about 4-10 but they have 2 gravs ready, but basically couple inties cant stop torps... so my torp keep infiltrating their base and have them go pretty slow..., we land at their place at nearly 7 min or some such with some frigs stacked, quad pumping frigs. they made hmf this time, which was kinda good with dog's dd, which was kinda good, and since they had 2 vaygrs i made many torps, but turned out to be worse than ions for myself.

but still, their hmf build was slow going extra cc, my torp kept pwning hmf. dog brings in a dd, but i damage it to about 70% and aohnh's marine just cap it..., dog sends a new dd, and i have it damaged to about 50% sends 2 marines with 1 marine nearly dead with 4 torps to help attack surrounding hmf, dog thinks he could blow it, but since the dd was damaged i cap it again, and i just move that new dd onto dog's primary patch and pwns about 5 or more cols. he's kinda dead.

prosecutor once again brings in his bc for the finish blow, every sf were all blown up.

and next game in some tfl sins of solar empire map. me + aohnh + joe(some guy who said he's a nub, but was kinda ok) vs 3 sf(dod border volans iirc) i go double fighter, aohnh go arm frigs and dd, joe actually has sane idea and goes fighters and asked us if he should attack their cols already, since i had some emp and fighters i said, 'yeah lets do it' and start pwning couple cols. sf just blindly comes in with a dozen inties in desperation, but since i have emp, i just blow 80% of them down in no time, making joe say 'lol they're just sitting there' only to make me explain it was the effect of emp...

we screwed their fighters, aohnh start advancing in with frigs and dd, i go triple pump missile/laser, and just run them over slowly... later in game, border sends 2 marines on my ships when i had 4 lasers and all other swarms, and pwned them in like 10 seconds and i had to ask 'marines dont always work against lasers' to have him reply 'i wanted to buy some time', and i still say 'for 10 seconds, u wasted 1500', he defends 'i got all the ru i need'. PFFFFFFFT. very advanced idea...

well... GG :lol:

Attachments:
vs-sf.jpg [160.28 KiB]
Downloaded 332 times
 Post subject: Re: a game involving no skill (as they call it...)
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 08:11 
Evil Soul

lol you should find some skilled opponents instead of pwning newbs all the time hid. :lol: ;) I mean serously that volans guy just started playing hw2 two weeks ago. O_o He's one of the sf from hw1, as is border. About 50% of un-skilled sf players are from hw1, and most of the other crappy players got recruited by the un-skilled hw1 players... (i however got recruited by a decent tlsc player :P )

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 11:20 
Little puppy

Cloaked do you know if whitestar is this playing hmw2 because i miss him in lobby

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 12:01 
Demon

claoked, believe me, im trying to find a skilled game... i guess i never can team with my skilled fellows then :roll:
or if it doesn't hurt them, i'd start a 2v3 on them.

maybe i try to split my partner to other team even if that makes sf to split teams, coz... otherwise... 8-)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 21:13 
Evil Soul

Hideki wrote:
claoked, believe me, im trying to find a skilled game... i guess i never can team with my skilled fellows then :roll:
or if it doesn't hurt them, i'd start a 2v3 on them.

maybe i try to split my partner to other team even if that makes sf to split teams, coz... otherwise... 8-)

Around noon my time - or midnight your time, you can find lots of skilled players in the lobby. Namely aod smurfs, a tfl smurf or two and varous other decent players. If I'm hosting I almost always try to even teams to the best of my abilites - and even when i'm not i often ask the host to even teams. I'd say i play against my sf clanmates as much as i play with them to these ends. But if say - you and aohnh are smurfing on one team, then you make it that much harder to even teams...

Alx4lGENESIS wrote:
Cloaked do you know if whitestar is this playing hmw2 because i miss him in lobby

Well first of all, whitestar is fine young woman. ;) Unfortunately she is out of a computer at the time being and doesn't see that changing for a while. She made a good-by post on the sf forums a couple weeks ago. It may be a while till we see her in the lobby again. If you want you can send her a message on the sf forums, I believe she checks her email every now and then on a public pc.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 06:18 
Little puppy

ohhh i didn't know that whitestar a woman is :| but i will send her a message thanks

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 19:38 
Little puppy

lol prosecutor was that tata fellow that you loved so much in that other game