It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:48

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: hidden facts...
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 15:19 
Little puppy

higy dd vs vagy dd 1v1 no upgrade the vagy wins with 15% or so health. This is not really a big deal since the 1v1 seldom happens. i labbed with with higy getting a cc with fct for support and that equalled the units out. once again this will almost never happen.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2007, 17:17 
Demon

I have a few useless things to add.

Have you ever noticed if somehow an ru asteroid manages to get in between a group of ions and their target the ions pull the rock around just like they do any other target.

Get an enemy modules health extremely low and get a large group of bombers with improved bombs that are tighly spaced tell them to attack the module when theyare out of firing range and they will fire subsystem bombs the first few will kill the module but the remaining bombs will have the improved subsystem damage to the carriers hull. Ive seen a vaygr carrier go from like 50% health to dead in one volley it stunned me.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 02:03 
Demon

Hideki wrote:
3) the third trinity cannon goes on to that ship no matter where it is...

i wonder if this will even reach to the cols on other side of the map :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 02:05 
Demon

Doc wrote:
Long as the DD is on a move command and not targetting Colls specifically.

actually dd still split the cannon on fighters even if it is ordered to target cols...

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 09:25 
Demon

Hey yall whats up with every now and then when an enemy unit cloaks and no proximity sensors or probes are out sometimes the enemy still appears as a ghost like when you have a proximity near by?

You know what else is a bitch when your ships get cloaked by your teammates cloak mod and they start blinking and you cant click on them but for that split second they are visible man thats annoying.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 18:20 
Demon

ah, no one mentioned the cloak reveal capability without proxy...

i was wondering why too some time ago, figured that every ship has a radius to reveal those cloaks if got close enough within the range, but since it is so small, its like a fighter has to almost sit near it. but i guess once many fighters gang on it, they seem to be close enough to reveal the cloak continuously.

i guess u just have to send fighters to the right position at where the cloaked ship is.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 18:23 
Evil Soul

Hideki wrote:
ah, no one mentioned the cloak reveal capability without proxy...

i was wondering why too some time ago, figured that every ship has a radius to reveal those cloaks if got close enough within the range, but since it is so small, its like a fighter has to almost sit near it. but i guess once many fighters gang on it, they seem to be close enough to reveal the cloak continuously.

i guess u just have to send fighters to the right position at where the cloaked ship is.

So does this work on all ships?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 18:28 
Demon

havent done extensive testing... but ships had this 'reveal' or some kind of probe related radius in the data sheet. which was prolly just a km or some such when a single probe radius is 9km range. but i forgot exact detail.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 11:13 
Little puppy

afaik, using fighters/etc. to decloak a ship without prox works on only one ship: Hiig SY.

Also afaik, the only time you can see other "cloaked" ships w/o prox (or anti-cloak sens) is when they are shooting at something. Hit "s" and "f2" to get into sneak mode.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2007, 15:14 
Demon

Yup, but it takes about 5 second for it to go into sneak mode, so if you think you're going to need to cloak fast in game for some reason, have it already set to f2, then when you need to it cloaks the second you push the button.

Blessed are the dead
And now you are among them
Delivered form this mortal coil"

-Azrael, Angel of Death

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next