It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:47

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: vs Xeno bros
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 13:19 
Demon

done my second 1v1 vs saddi-xeno when saddi fried me on our first 1v1.
i somehow won :shock: cool...

and i actually thought of a new strat to go against fighter/ion in shield... which i just wrote more or less in detail on this thread.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 18:08 
Little puppy

nice strat hidius. My probe micro(sended it too far from ur dildo so could not c what u wher doing) sucked. Dunno if i would attack u right away when my first ion popped out it could had been different but then again great strat.I know i suck at 1v1.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 01:17 
Demon

sad happy cloaked vs me aohnh star-tfl in some very small map.

basically, it was so small we had to go fighters... they go 6x fighters, we go something similar, i made about 8 emp and kept pumping fighters. we started attacking earlier and no one was winning at one point, but somehow we're getting sort of pushed dunno why.

then we're still looking slightly bad and sad starts pumping ions and started charging on aohnh's cc... we dont have anything to kill it...he runs cloaked (with his cloak mod... damn ur name is confusing :) ), i go vette with extra cc. and swarm is lost... frigs keep coming. they make dd... we're dead...

the point is... we got owned... by both swarm and big... they might have done mod transfer to get the advanced res mod quicker but that was not the only reason since swarm is badly owned later on as well...

hmm... 2 guys who can communicate well with knowning each others what to do is just so much better than 3 skilled... (no i dont mean cloak is a nub...)
i keep bringing up baps, but baps never had exactly 2 guys as a group but random 3 out of the 4 and im sure xeno communicate better than they did with ts and all.

it is amazing with this team, the swarm is kinda owned, while having quite less chance on beating the bigger ships...
nice. (stares at broken pc of cerns...)

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 04:14 
Demon

me(hig) and thomas(vay) vs sad(hig) happy(vay) in tfl-fallenlords

typically, the map tells everyone to go fighters or plats but simply we all went fighters on 2 patches.
from the start of the game sad makes a mob in the back and advanced his ms forward while i give my precious 500 ru to thomas so he can get emp.

i just went double fighters with no mob to start with. we had more fighters and probably got emp a bit earlier and somehow, xeno's fighter got uncoordinated and got 1 or 2 sucked in the fight. then fight starts with emp and all. with the slight inital advantage we were never looking bad on the fighter battle.

i saw sad is rather pushing in with his cap ships so close to our secondary cc patch which was at the center of the map and seeing that i felt the need of ion plats and started getting plat mod on cc and res mod on ms and then a mob on ms patch to move it up.

now sad started pumping gunplats near us which was kinda effective but since we managed fighters fine, we just went back to dock. luckily before sad went to think about ion plats i started pumping ion plats, instead sad went for ion frigs. i was at max fighters with 3 emp or so, but somehow gunplats and whatnot took about half of them down... since ms/cc of mine were pumping ion plats fast while sad was just pumping ion frigs from cc for the moment, i took the advantage in the mid while thomas was going vettes to annoy some patches in the back while happy was rebuilding fighters.

we let sad move out of mid, though sad tried to take my cc down with just 2 or 3 ion frigs trying to move above ion plats range and my cc did smoke kinda bad... but in the end my 15 ion plats in there just got them down. now i just added some more cols on the patch and went to research dd and got a new cc. by the time i got a new dd, their fleet was on run since plats took happy's second patch along with his cc.

and we just moved on and finished them, except thomas felt like doing his fav quitting(synching..) near the end... GG.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 02:45 
Evil Soul

Nice win. Gotta mention that in the game above it you guys basically lost the swarm and thus the game because you engauged us over our own capital ships. Sad's ms and cc guns + close dock points, basically gave us the edge that allowed us to slowly win the rather long fighter battle. If i recall you emped several fighters in front of sad's ms and got greedy, sending your whole swarm in to attack the emp'd ships. If you guys would have hit the emp'ed ships and pulled out you would have been ahead of us, but instead you guys kept the swarm battle continually going over our base until we had pretty much docked all our int 2-3 times to recover and win the swarm. While you guys were still pumping fighters trying to recover, sad was on to ions pushing aohnh back while I already had a dd out killing colls left and right. Game was lost on my #1 rule, don't fight a swarm battle over your enemy's base - ts had little if anything to do w/ it (as i was on xeno's ts cracking hid jokes mind you ;) :P ).

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 02:30 
Biting dog

I think we lost the original fighter battle, but we didn't lose the entire swarm. If I remember right there were some flacks around on your team later on, helping your swarm. We lost the game to frigs, as we had some coordination issues.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 02:34 
Demon

me + cloaked + SMURF|panic (one of the smurfdom attendee) vs sad + happy + alx4|genesis in xeno-deadlock (said to be made by gunmetal-xeno some time ago. nice balanced map)

me and happy were vay, rest going hig. it wasnt as small as tfl-fallenlords so we had more option to do but typically i went fighters while cloak went fighters too when panic went for fast frigates. they probably went something similar but we had a double dd in the plan later on.

panic now somehow starts moving his early torps toward them and they had some bombers and ints to gang on them, so i just went up with emp and fighters. i think some torps just died while none of the fighters were damaged too badly.

now cloak got a cap mod up and he asked for res mod to panic but since he was getting arm, so he asked to take my res mod for a second, so he could start dd research. and i think this kind of team strat is something nice to do, so, congrat to cloak for saving time and ru for getting dd earlier.

now i went to mass lasers since they went to get ions. happy was actually getting missiles, but i guess we were having a slight advantage on the swarm, so he came up with missiles a bit later than my lasers. and cloaked asked if he needs to make pulsors and i asked him to do, so lasers had a good time killing their frigs while panic was keep pumping dd to push the ships off from mid.

xeno swarm was once again excellent they knew how to pull ships toward their base with good emp and very nice pump rate. but we tried hard too so, it was a very interesting one. now our dd started to push sad off his second patch by taking his cols down and i maxed on lasers and it looked like game was over.

but very interesting one with everyone skilled. gg.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 02:40 
Demon

had a next one as 2v2 with me + claoked vs 2 xeno in tfl-fallen angel, smaller than xeno-deadlock.
both side were slow going over 16 cols and we just had to build up since none of the side were dumb enough to expose weakness.

but after we maxed fighters and after i went 5x pump lol, in such a slightly tight map i saw their scout were parked at higher part of the map in the middle, i went to emp those 5 scouts before they realized and i killed them with my fighters but they still had emp and thank goodness my 10 or so ints all got emped and i had to run, while cloaked emped some of them and came for help, i thought it was a good blow to start a fight but that didnt make us win...

and i just went to go quad vette pump single fighter pump while happy was on vettes too and cloak was pumping double frig and dd. since i was probably pumping more than happy, i had some room for lasers while sort of taking care of his missiles, and killing sad's ions. and next moment... game freezes...doh... syncs... but we probably slightly had advantage at that time, but gg...

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 05:46 
Evil Soul

Hideki wrote:
and next moment... game freezes...doh... syncs... but we probably slightly had advantage at that time, but gg...

And i was really looking forward to what seemed like a cool win too... - atleast the screen said 'victorious' after i waited for everyone to leave. :lol: - But back in lobby sad said somin cool like, 'looked like you guys had that one'. My compliments to sad for that. :)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 11:59 
Little puppy

VGG to all.

Hideki you nub it was Cloaked on dds, as you stated from the start. I was doing adv frigs.

This was one of the best games I've had with the exception of SMURF Bender and me vs SMURFs Paparazzi and Bloodlust.

Hideki and Cloaked started with ints, ac, emp. I started 4 cols from cc and 3 from ms. I ended up with 17 workers and 3 refs, which gave me a ton of ru so I passed a bit to Cloaked.

I put out 2 torps, which cost me 1600 and made Sad and Alex get 4-5 bombers, which equalled the cost in that they took up 5 fighter slots and 2500 ru when our fighters cut them to pieces around my ms.

The fighter battle began with emps and free kills. It didn't end for a good 3-5 minutes. I put out 4 flaks then marines and ions. I built a FCT on my cc and cloak just in case they decided my cc looked tasty. I had out about 4 or 5 ions when i looked around and Cloaked was still at his spawn position! UGH!

I retreated my units as I built a cap mod on my ms. Before I passed it to Cloaked I sold my frig mod and wish I had started my research for lvl 1 ions! UGH! I passed the MS and Cloaked passed me a cc with a fighter mod. RIP OFF! I started building ints there and a frig mod. I moved it center and passed my lvl 0 ints to Cloaked who had at least some upgrade for speed.

Cloaked's dds came into effect and that was the turn of the battle. Sad's ions and Alex's attempt to counter Hideki's lasers with torps soon turned into a route as their 2 ccs moved rear. I decided to put out a couple of flaks to clear the skies and by the time the 3 i built came out there were no more fighters around. my flak commanders were quite angry when they were instructed to target cols and corvs. My ions and Cloaked's dds sank 2 ccs and I sent 3 marines to Sad's MS hoping to distract or take the MS. I took the MS and that was gg.

This was a vgg imo. The Xeno Genesis team were a bit down in the lobby and felt walked over but they don't realize how close the game really was. The difference was the dds and lasers. We were not casual and did not feel the game was in hand until after Cloaked's dds were attacking.

If I were to give any tips to anyone it would be Sad and Alex. Use marines. I use a 1 marine 3 ions cue build. I start it and leave it like that unless i need something else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next