It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:08

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hall of fame
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 01:46 
Demon

Just felt like writing out skilled player's name since many new guys don't know them and might end up calling them 'who is this new xeno?' 'are u a new demon too?' 'oh we have a random skywalker here' and such if they ever show up again...

I'm just writing down who I knew much personally.

YCSkywalker - he's played as my partner for over a year i guess. very skilled... dunno how many ships we sunk together :lol: i really hope he comes back again. he did come back some time ago, but i guess he's playing guild wars again or some other game.

p5ynergy-tfl - nice dude and somehow gone to play some other game. very skilled and had some talent on making maps too. most of those tfl-whatever maps were made by him.

dark-tfl - what a nub... :lol: he always complain how sand is choking his network cable... but basically, the best improver of all time. just a few months of playing online, his skill was basically on par with rest of us...

baps - obviously... the legend group ;) made out of black, admiral-piet, papa-smurf and skunk. black being the best player of all time and the rest are top players too. and they're playing WoW now? pffffft.

and i actually dont know much about demons, i joined when most of them quit...
foree, folko, ummon, dark... and raziel is actually playing now. detroit is missing.
and there was typo81-xeno(if i remember that name correct), maverick-xeno and some from tlsc like drunkenuno who only showed up after p5's flaming "who's the top 10 player " [link] (lol i actually found it...) thread :lol: and there's also silencio from fc, who i only got to play 1v1 twice after he showed up with that thread and ended up 1win 1 loss.

well, i hope others write out their and others detail since i dont know much.

Post subject: Re: Hall of fame
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 03:07 
Little puppy

Hideki wrote:
baps - obviously... the legend group ;) made out of black, admiral-piet, papa-smurf and skunk. black being the best player of all time and the rest are top players too.

Black's name should always be followed by Image (like Muslims write "pbuh" after "Muhammed").

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 04:27 
Demon

i thought religion make wars (i just like how u name that bending over pic... unworthy.gif lol)

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 16:25 
Little puppy

No one seems to mention the Agents...they went undefeated in 100 something games.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 10:11 
Little puppy

well.... im quite sure, those "Agents" where baps -smurfs ! ;)

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 16:25 
Demon

I'd add some you probably wont see, certainly not regularly, but if you do well worth playing:

Bent (bentusi/bentusiGURU), just plain old good, can't say much more about him, save to note that he was probably the first to realize the power and proper usage of EMP, and that vay had a superior version, though, did tend to use insane combinations like 14 scouts and 4 acs...

MVB, innovative yet very solid player, he worked out numerous workable and sometimes easy but effective strategies that could be learned by the midrange-good crowd, who, lets face it, provide us most of our games when we cant find decent opponents, making them more challenging and far more interesting. My personal favorite of his, and one I"ll still use on occasion is the MVBr, a cloaked MS/cc hyper with stacked near complete flacks and rines, dating from circa mid 2004; this pretty much started off serious frigate rushing, which was very uncommon at the time.

MadBomber(TFL), equal to demons, roughly equivalent to me but much more active, one of TFL's oldest and finest, tends to smurf.

DJtheBaron, aka BaronSamedi and sometimes various canabis tinted names, irish, ugly as hell, evil mouthed, makes small children scream and run away. A fun guy to play with or against, just don't take his insults seriously, its all for comedic (and occasional strategic) effect.

Black(baps), was Blacksand, not, well, Black, if I recall, there have been some number of those. A navy sailor, possibly gunner, emotionally somewhat unstable, but a good player. Has definitely killed people, beware.

Apocalypse(could it be he was with PSA for a little while? I think so, they were damn good, not to be confused with Armageddon, a diff PSA though), he is the reason some people still refer to the first BC to the fight as the HMS Apocalypse, known to have turned around 3v3 which had progressed to a 1v3, against skilled players of the time.

PapaSmurf(BAPS), not a smurf, but has been a Demon, you won't find a nicer person to beat you in a 3v3.

Angel(Demon), aka Larsson, or Larsson7, a steady player, generally takes a central role in 3v3's, provides a team with enough backbone to supply over 9000 elephants. There have been 2 AngelDemons, but for the life of me I cant remember what the one changed his name too, though it's someone I knew :oops:

SUAS, another FC like silencio, something of a rival/enemy of MVB in the early days iirc, a nice guy to play around with, but these days prefers grander scale strategy by commanding an empire in EvE

For one v ones, i'll alter Blazz's t5 a little, from what I remember:

1: Silencio and 4E tied at first place; both with unbelievable micro. Did beat anyone who played, will beat anyone who will play, for ever and ever, amen.
2: Maverick?
3: DrunkenUno, formerly known as DrunkenOne, better team player for all that he can 1v1, quite probably the originator of int->ion, which beat the at that time favoured int->torp
4: LaserFlip, bastard, flaming looney, flaming flamer, good enough player.
5: Bentusi, already mentioned

Didn't play vs many XENOs, so I don't know where mav and tomcat fit in in there, but I remember 4e thought highly of them, drunk puts maverick above 4E, just below sil, but it probably depended on timeframe, as 4e kept playing longer than sil did, and will have gotten even better..

Anyways, as a side note, almost all of these listed here have been at some time or still are members of TLSC, before it went over to being a WoW clan.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 00:09 
Demon

black-baps and blacksand-tfl are 2 different people.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 21:41 
Demon

completely sure? Ah well, they say memory is the first to go heh :)

Added to which... blacksand...TFL?? :o

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 02:45 
Biting dog

Not a bad list, Raziel, especially the 1v1. I believe most of those, excpet for Sil, left the game early and are not well known by the current HW2 players.

And a slight correction :
Raziel wrote:
My personal favorite of his, and one I"ll still use on occasion is the MVBr, a cloaked MS/cc hyper with stacked near complete flacks and rines, dating from circa mid 2004; this pretty much started off serious frigate rushing, which was very uncommon at the time.

MVBr is an advanced frigate rush covered by other players' early fighters, it was originally worked on by MVB with Drunk's help, and was used on close-range maps. You're describing hypercap, which used the initial idea, but adapted for larger maps, originally labbed and then made popular by two different players.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2007, 02:48 
Demon

and who are those 2 inventors u're hiding???