It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: extra cap ship in shield
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 12:53 
Demon

even though that was one of my first games back from the vacation (like i had such 'hw2 break' for my 10th time...) with my rust, it did look quite solid, except it has to go 18 cols, so unless one side going 16 cols double cc, it's too turtle. and if one needs to make a player to go 16 cols, you have to look like you're going 14-16 cols double ion or something, then after you make that guy go 16, you could expand and get 18.

if it can be done with 16 cols, it'll prolly rock even more, since if one side goes double ion 14 cols (the most default setup), u win.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2008, 03:43 
Evil Soul

That last sy build dont work on 16colls, lags to bad to go strait into it. But I'm gonna try a 16 coll build where i move cc to the front, get ionplats there to protect from ion frigs rushes, and get sy a bit slower. I'd like to find a way to pop sy, and still win vs 14 coll 2x ion. Might mean going ion plats on cc, dd from ms, then going ion frigs on sy and cc to fend of a 14 coll 2xion move.

So far on shield: double dd>2xcc>double ions - in all the games/labs me and hid have done. Also going ion/dd/bc wont beat double dd, double dd takes out your front resource patch before u can get a bc out, then the dd's just move high and ur bc's half useless.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 11:46 
Demon

here's a howto vid i took.
it's not totally optimized since i just played it vs a cpu without totally thinking for the best possible build, so it can improve somewhat but the rough idea is there.

it's supposed to beat 16 col double cc just fine. dunno about 14 col double ions yet though, but should still do pretty decent.
records/Howto-2008-Feb-13-16col-SY-CC-MS-shield.avi (do save-as, unless you've got the avi stream plugin installed and has enough bandwidth toward here.[250kb+/s])

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 16:31 
Biting dog

Yea i was wondering about a few points in this one. I couldn't tell if you were still tring to work of the kinks or if you were doing things "just in case" like starting and pausing fighter mods when you did, or canceling the inti research and not restarting it until much later (300 would've lagged you 10 seconds max).

All in all very impressive watching you play. I thought it would be lame watching game recordings from the point of view of the person playing as apposed to the HW/HW:C style records that intergrate into the game and alow you to freely roam the map and watch battles from any angle, but it's actually pretty cool. Kinda makes me wish i could go back and get recordings of what it looked like for past players (except fatDEMON http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0 ) points of view to get an idea of not just what and when but how and why. I would really like to see some other players record now. Spacificly some of the ones i've heard are amazing players like xbomber and cloked.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 19:49 
Evil Soul

ratamaq wrote:
I would really like to see some other players record now. Spacificly some of the ones i've heard are amazing players like...cloked.

U speak truth my friend. :)

I'd really like to get a vid of an intense game with a lot of micro and decision making going on. Hopefully I can get hideki, aohnh, blackbaps, cern, and finger in one game this weekened for a sweet 3v3. :D