It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:08

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: some general tactics
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 02:04 
Demon

I use EMP on collecters. Works pretty well.

Blessed are the dead
And now you are among them
Delivered form this mortal coil"

-Azrael, Angel of Death

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 06:42 
Evil Soul

btw we should do some 720 hiig emp vs int labs. I wana see if we can micro the hiig emp good enough to make them usefull vs int. (Just tell scouts to attack int, then tell them to emp once their ontop of enemy)

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 07:56 
Demon

Quick question about emping cols: after the emp effect wears off, do they go back to harvesting or do they stay inactice until ordered otherwise?

emping cols would be an interesting strat to lab though

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 10:17 
Evil Soul

they'll continute collecting tayos.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 10:25 
Demon

busting mob with 3 emp will stop mob, but does not stop cols from dropping ru...

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 15:00 
Demon

That's why you just hit the collecters and not the refinary. To answer Tayos' question, it takes 1 scout to EMP them and when hit they imediatly stop harvesting and are idle till the EMP wears off and then told to harvest again.

Blessed are the dead
And now you are among them
Delivered form this mortal coil"

-Azrael, Angel of Death

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 16:32 
Biting dog

If you want my 2 cents on this, best way to emp a patch is to emp the collectors that are docked on the refinery, it should stop the collectors that are ready to drop off ru, since they will have to wait for the frop-off points to be freed. Even though this has been used in some games, I really don't see any specific 'strat' out of this, other than some opportunity where you have some idle scouts that have nothing to emp for a while and enemy patches are nearby. In majority of the games scouts are already super-busy stopping the enemy swarm.
It also has been proven in many games that having a very large amount of emp scouts will lose you swarm to a more balanced fighter group.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 17:15 
Demon

cant deny what a logical CPU outputs :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2007, 14:16 
Demon

With emp some of the funnier things Ive done is keep a fully upgraded vaygr scout near center point of a map and when the enemy probes you EMP his incoming probe and destroy it before it comes back online and starts moving towards you again.

Once in a game our opponent came at me with 2 DDs very close together and 2 marines. All 4 of them were damaged from being stopped in a gravwell. I had 4 infiltrators and 18 EMP scouts hidden in an ECM probes field. When the enemy was basically right on the very edge of the ecm probes field I emped the central most DD with everything and it stopped both their 'rines and DDs so I docked 1 infiltrator on each DD and one on each of their marines. I ended up with 2 rines 4 infiltrators 2 DDs and all 18 of my scouts. I didnt lose a unit and I capped all 4 of their units.

EMP is so very useful against frig swarms. Select as many groups of 4 scouts that you need to sufficiently emp the whole frig swarm. so if you have 4 groups of 4 tell each group to emp a different frig and be sure to space each one of the 4 targets evenly throughout the frig swarm so you spread out and maximise the emp effects over a larger area. I have emped entire frig swarms and the emp turned out to be the deciding factor.

Also fully upgraded vaygr emp scouts coupled with 2 nearby FCTs and you will have a damn good chance of crippling if not totally wiping out a full enemy fighter swarm. Just dock like a mad man and it works. Also if the 2 fcts are on seperate CCs it helps with the added docking points and point defense guns.

Also when emping collectors try to surreptiously emp the enemies flank or distant ru patches so they dont notice so readily. And try having some scouts meet you at the enemies home field when you hyper torp so they can emp any escaping collectors or attacking bombers so your torps can maximise the casualties they inflict

Just remember it takes (if the entire emp burst hits the target)
1 vaygr scout to emp a fighter squad
2 to emp a corvette squad
4 to emp a frigate
12-14 to emp a DD (I cant remember exactly how many it takes)

*ALSO* make note that units that have previously been emped gain a resisitance bonus against emp. Thats why it pays to try and make sure and units that have been emped survive so the emp wont be nearly as effective next time. And I am still not toally sure about it I think the emp resistance may wear back off over time but Im not sure.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2007, 15:20 
Demon

very nice points, i havent dug emp to this far extent, emping 2 dd at once for capture sounds cool.