It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:29

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bugs
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 02:35 
Demon

Just thought of listing the bugs in game.

Hyper in grav - This one is obvious and is used as an exploit as well, but if a ship that is marined tries to hyper out while it is inside a grav, the marines detach making it impossible to capture and is considered a cheat.

Marine following - In similar situation than above but if the ship is not in grav and simply hypers out, the marines will be able to find it's location no matter where and will get there. I do not hear much opinion if this is cheating or not, but if it happens, i try to redirect marines not to follow the hypered ships.

Vaygr mod change - This is a serious bug that people should know about since it will cause crashing of the game. Game will crash when, you have a vaygr CC with a build mod(ex:fighter mod) and tries to get another mod (ex:vette mod) and you try to build something quick. When the above action takes place, the fighter mod will be automatically sold once you answer 'yes' and vette mod will start building, but for online games there will be a second or two delay in here till the next mod starts building, and right then before the mod starts to build, say, if you try to click on Scout to build one, game WILL crash. This will more likely to happen on a laggier game since the delay will be longer. So do not click anything till the next mod starts building. I've crashed several games with this...

Vaygr bc attack on dead mods - I've written this on another thread but, vaygr trinnity cannon will be least effective attacking on already disabled engine, when it should give full damage to hull. So, you should probably just move bc around not to hit dead mods.

Eternal docking - This is quite annoying to say for the least... but ships get stuck, and im not totally sure the condition but mixed race docking might be a problem, and they never get released since some ships refuse to repair, thus none of the other ships in queue will be able to undock, until you manually release all of them. So, in a fight when you think some ships are missing you should check your dockings and release. Better yet, you should check your docking every so often...

Cloak flickering - When a team mate's ship cloak having one of your ship in the range, your ships will start flickering and will be very hard to select...either you bandbox it at the right time, or group the ship before it is cloaking to select via assigned key or keep pressing 'caps lock' to select it.

BC health recover - This is a serious cheat... and a bug, [method censored since people gang on me for posting it] and don't blame me if i quit the game when someone does it unless unintentional. but in a tournament held sometime ago, there was a rule not to pass bc during fight and i guess its a fair rule to keep in general games too.

Marine on vaygr fs - this is probably a rare one, and i dont exactly know what the condition of it is, but when hig marines try to mount on vaygr fs, some marines refuse to mount even if it is as close as mounting on it... dont know how to prevent... but send more, since some of them do attach fine.

Screen slide - this is probably a quite common one, but sometimes, when game starts, screen keep sliding around and if you right click and rotate camera and do alot of camera manual moving, it will fix.

Dock list crash - this is another annoying crash bug and again i dont know at what exact condition it happens, but i saw it happen for both races but by JUST choosing the dock list...game crashes... obviously not always, but in some cases, boom... dunno how to prevent, but not to check much docking but then again, how do you find out the eternally docked ship...

Last edited by Hideki on 11 Sep 2007, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bugs
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 10:44 
Demon

there's another not too critical bug, but if a player passes a cap ship to a guy who is about dieing and if the player actually dies before the ship is passed because of network delay, the ship stays as if the dieing person recieved it, but in fact he's out of game, making a ghost ship that cant do anything and player is gone.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 04:10 
Demon

Works for any Ship not just Capital, once had 2 Missles vettes I transfered to ally in a 2v2 stay entire match after they Synced

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 09:50 
Demon

Ive got a few screen shots of 3 of my collectors that got stuck inside each other and started ping ponging around the map at the speed of at least 3000. They were going so fast they would cross the entire map in seconds it was nuts.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 18:17 
Demon

Just had this annoying one but...

i tried to get vette production capability by having fs passed from a guy who made a vette fac on it, passed my fs to him... from onward every ship that gets built, not just docks are all stuck no matter what... until manually released... that was hell...

its worse than dock and lock up since any new ship built are also stuck...
i guess swapping fs to team is kinda bad. dont really recall this happening on cc though...

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 18:21 
Evil Soul

Hideki wrote:
Just had this annoying one but...

i tried to get vette production capability by having fs passed from a guy who made a vette fac on it, passed my fs to him... from onward every ship that gets built, not just docks are all stuck no matter what... until manually released... that was hell...

its worse than dock and lock up since any new ship built are also stuck...
i guess swapping fs to team is kinda bad. dont really recall this happening on cc though...

When you passed it was anything docked? This could have skrewed things up as i've never has such a problem before, of course I rarely need to pass a vaygr mothership around.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 18:26 
Demon

maybe, i had fs on dock mode...(coz xeno keep ganging on us...) maybe thats why and both somehow got an etnernal dock mode...

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 03:00 
Little puppy

DivinerSage wrote:
Ive got a few screen shots of 3 of my collectors that got stuck inside each other and started ping ponging around the map at the speed of at least 3000. They were going so fast they would cross the entire map in seconds it was nuts.

I've had something like that happen....my ms was dying but all of a sudden it started moving backwards at the speed of an int and pushed the whole swarm of ions out of the way and kept going....it died, but in its last throes it was the weirdest thing. same thing has happened with a bc...except it started tumbling end over end at the same int-like speed....

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 04:50 
Demon

ive once seen my cc or sy rotate at the speed of... well, nothing like it lol when ions screwed it up by hitting 1 side of it... that was crazy...

those ion pulling happens, since for some reason ion beams have a parameter of negative apply force on it..., so, ms usually does get pulled with 15 ions attacking, but by some chance, sy and everything starts to move like crazy fast much beyond of its speed capability... kinda fun watching it though. i sometimes purposefully attack-move my ions back just to hope to see it happen.

im guessing it has more possibility of happening when the engine of the target is dead...

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 11:22 
Little puppy

Hideki wrote:
ive once seen my cc or sy rotate at the speed of... well, nothing like it lol when ions screwed it up by hitting 1 side of it... that was crazy...

Daft once had a Hiig BC go totally disco as it died: the front pointed up at 45° (a Hiig BC!) and it spun in place several times at like 1 rev/sec.