It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:14

All times are UTC

Post subject: shield abuse vs cloaked-sf
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 09:46 
Demon

that was one of best 1v1 i ever had...

me + cloaked did a shield 1v1 just before cloaked went zzz. finger refused to spectate saying his potato were too yummy :roll: and whispering to me how he wasn't going to watch in japanese :lol:

anyway, cloak starts out with his weird move once again going 10 col as a starter with 8 on primary 2 on secondary with fighter mod on ms and nothing on cc... i just didn't care to do anything fancy to attack early and being gay but did my now typical double cc move.

since he did the move one game before and i knew he was going to add 3 or 4 more cols to it later, I just went 15 cols right away to go double fighters followed by res mod and plat mod on cc.

and cloak came up with 13 or 14 cols and pumped inties very slowly and only going to 10 in the end while getting advanced frigs. i just readied my trusty dozen level 1 ion plats on my cc with ace range cover and switched to ion frigs. then getting carrier and dd from ms.

by the time i had my new cc out , cloaked already came in with 6 or 7 ion frigs when i had 12 ion plat and 1 or 2 ion frigs. the ace long range plat took 1 ion frig before they did a thing and they started to fight. cloak now this time brings his cc forward with a mob in the back and a few flaks to cover his lack of amount of ints against my 13 ints. i once again did a slow arm and i think it was quite bad but i managed to let the front cc survive for a moment with a cloak mod while getting dd. but by the time next cc and dd came over there, his anti-cloak (ok u should change ur name :lol:) had my poor little cc to go boom up like any other recent game vs him... and i just had to rebuild another after first dd while salvaging the little 1.47k ru floating.

now with only single ion and single dd pump, i look bad when all my plats are now wiped and he has 7 ions or so against my poor few ion and a dd. but since i went up to 16 cols and getting my third production blown up with cc debris harvesting, I had quite a bit of ru, nearing up to 3k at that moment so i figured i should back off instead of keeping cc and ms to harvest from second patch and i got a new cc up and was back to double ion frig and single dd pump while moving to left side bottom. by that time, our fighters engaged and since he had much less with flaks were simply dead i pwned his fighters by having 9 or so ints left but he started to pump flak, so i couldnt take his mods off and figured i should just sell them all off. and by picking up those dead dd debris i still had 5k ru left in bank, keeping me well rich to do triple pump while cloaked was only double pumping.

5 minutes later getting pushed down way out of my second patch to nowhere in the left i actually had enough ship to move back up... now cloak goes to sit near my primary patch and he was also pumping dd. i still had 2k ru left and thought 'hmm i got 2 dd... and he has 2 but my next one is coming soon and ions dont look bad... jump this 1 dd to his patch in the back and he's toast!' and started making hyper mod. and i hypered 1 dd out in the back while trying to sustain the battle. it toasted some cols and let the rest run and i moved it down to his second patch and toasted some and let some run.

but then... my front looks pretty bad... now he has 2 more dd and i had to run that dd back. but he screws up yet another cc of mine and i start to look seriously bad... he certainly had much less ru flow, but i had much less to attack either. i was actually back on my secondary patch with my ms/cc but my cols were all dead there with his dd poking all my cols and my primary patch looked like a jail with hostages but somehow he let the mob and the rest live but bring all his attack force to the front.

then... he just had more dd.. and my ms blows... boom.... nice... u earned that one. vgg.

---

i might not make as much ints and i had more chance by getting dd early i guess... just counting cols doesnt really make the best counter. but i learned that many ion plats are better than switching to ion frigs too early, because of the range of the plat that can toast frigs before they charge on you.

and dunno why this time i didnt go kill cols in the back with 9 ints...
that was a great flow of game.

Post subject: Re: shield abuse vs cloaked-sf
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 17:15 
Evil Soul

VGG, Game was 33mins long, and the battle raged on for about 25 of those minutes. :shock:

In that game i actually only built 8int, + one early flak for cover. Which is plenty to defend, since you've got closer dock points on defense, and i also had an fct on my ms. And no i didn't lose all my int! I actually had 3int left after that battle + 3flak, so i think we both just recycled our int and called it even. Only big mistake i made was about 11 minutes in losing 2 marines after like 97% of your dd was captured. At that point your forces started to look = to mine, and w/ your tripple pump, i thought it would be downhill from there - but somehow i micro'ed my ions about your ms and pulled back ahead. By about 27mins your hyper-dd managed to kill about half my collectors, and the other half ran into our battle over your 2nd patch and got raped, so for the last 8 minutes of game i was running on 2colls and recycled mods, lol.

Thanks for the win hid. ;)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 18:58 
Little puppy

very intense, keeping the lovely art of 1v1 going strong!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 23:51 
Demon

oh well, i could have,

1) made less ints and got dd earlier if i counted amount of ints than blindly going semi max
2) could've used those remaining ints on at least a few cols in the back till flaks came to arrest them.
3) hypered that dd AFTER it was red...

i guess that hyper dd made sense if i could sustain the ion/dd battle longer... but recycling mods and whatnot made you pump longer than i could stand without that 90% health dd...

anyway, was a good storyline in a game.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2007, 07:51 
Demon

I was around when you finished it ;o

Sounded, 1v1s have an interesting balance; so easy to fail from one mistake